DIY Almond Milk
Write a review
- I cup of almonds, soaked overnight
- 1 litre of filtered water
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla bean paste or 1 whole vanilla pod
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend for around 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the milk through a nut bag or piece of muslin cloth.
- Keep the almond pulp for bliss balls or add them to your favourite fritter/rissole recipe.
- Store in a sterilised glass jar.
- Your almond milk will last in the fridge for around 4 days.
- If you don't have a nut bag that's totally fine, use some muslin cloth instead. I purchased 1m of muslin for around $4 from the craft shop. Nut bags are around $15-20 each.
- Serve the nut milk with your favourite muesli or granola or add it to smoothies.
- This beautiful milk will last for around 4 days in the fridge.
- Enjoy x
Jacqueline Armstrong http://jacquelinearmstrong.com/